Q :What the difference with the material for signs?

A:Traffic signs consist of three basic components: a blank, background sheeting, and sign copy. Blanks, usually constructed of plywood, aluminum, or steel, serve as the framework of the sign.

Plywood is the least expensive blank material. It is fairly strong but is susceptible to weather damage since it is porous; plywood blanks must be overlaid with a thin layer of plastic.

Aluminum will not rust, but it is very lightweight and must be reinforced with metal braces along the back. It is the most expensive blank option.

Steel is a more economical alternative to aluminum; it is also more sturdy and does not need reinforcement. Rusting can be prevented by applying a coat of zincto the steel blank.

Q: What is Reflective Sheeting?
A: Reflective Sheeting is the material placed over the bare aluminum on traffic signs to make them reflective. Sheeting comes in Engineer Grade, High Intensity Grade, and Diamond Grade (see below for details). Most people think that highway signs are painted, but the finish is actually the reflective sheeting.

Q: What is Engineer Grade Reflective Finish?
A: Engineer Grade Reflective Finish is the standard reflective finish put on traffic signs. This is also the cheapest and least reflective option, but is also the most common.

Q: What is High Intensity Grade Reflective Finish?
A: High Intensity Grade Reflective Finish is more reflective than the standard reflective finish, engineer grade. High Intensity sheeting is more expensive than Engineer Grade sheeting, and is also more reflective. It has a honey-comb type pattern.

Q: What is Diamond Grade Reflective Finish?
A: Diamond Grade Reflective Finish is the most reflective finish that is put on traffic signs. This is also the most expensive option for sheeting.

Q: What’s your MOQ?
A: Sorry we don’t have. Unlike many of our competitors, we do not charge a minimum order or any minimum order fees, so we will be glad to sell you just one sign.